Nutrition rings important no matter what you eat and this remains true even with vegan choices. It’s quite normal to be confused with a lot of conflicting information booming from every direction. But we should realize that we have to remain a bit creative to find what will be most suitable for us.
My current diet feels very lazy but at least no meat or dairy ,….right! I’ve read through tons of vegan “how to” articles many times and the hope is that all the info will eventually stick , so far so good… keeping optimistic for my future vegan self.
😻Here are a few “guidelines” that ring true in many cases ( well according the the internet Gods and science) –
- Cut-out all foods that have additives and preserving chemicals. Instead try just munching on fruits, vegetables, beans and nuts
- Cut-out starches or gluten. If you are still loving on the bread, try those who are made from whole grains. Some bakeries can sell you whole grain breads. Also, yams are far better than potatoes.
- Try vegetable salads of different varieties
- Cut-out sugar in your meals. Too much sugar in the body can lead to health problems. If you are craving for sugar, make an effort to balance the meal by adding essential fat everyday such as olive oil.
- Have a moderate exercise regimen. Decide what makes you want to move your body and go do that. If it’s a gym than cool , go to the gym but don’t feel pressured. Discover you! 🦸🏿♀️
- Avoid meals that are composed of fruits alone. Though, a vegan lifestyle is also composed of fruits, eating fruits alone is not usually beneficial to most people. You may experience some problems such as significant weight loss, dental plaques, mental and emotional imbalances and many more. You should take note that there is no such thing as 100 percent fruit diet. You should take a complete set of meals with vegetables and grains.
- Consume a lot of green leafy vegetables such as lettuce, spinach, broccoli, and celery. These vegetables are a high source of minerals, proteins and some nutrients. Once you start eating more vegetables, you wellness will improve significantly. You should make a habit to add green vegetables with every meal. Sea vegetables such as weeds, kelp, dulse and nori are very nutritious.
- Drink fruit and vegetable juice. Purchase a juicer rather than buying canned juices. You can take juice of kale, spinach or celery at least 8 ounce every day. This will better alkalinize the body.
Not too bad ….👍🏾!
Good tips but all the decisions are up to you. What changes can you make that start you in the right direction? Don’t feel pressured , believe in your power to transform .
If you need a bit of help shopping in the earlier stages , you can try this company , I’ll put a link in pic and caption below.
Be sure to follow Shop Jamie Freya on social media and don’t hesitate to contact me via our contact page . Thanks for reading! 🤓